Alaska does not have individual income tax
Individual Withholding Forms
- Alaska does not have individual income tax
- No Reciprocal Agreements
Instructions for Temporary Staffing Companies:
Temporary Staffing Companies are not eligible for an unemployment account as Alaskan law states that the employee must be reported under the entity who benefits from the work performed. These taxes will be calculated by iSolved but will not be impounded. Temporary Staffing Agencies must report their employees in one of two ways:
- Provide the employee wage detail and payment to your client for them to file and remit with their UI return.
- Have the client complete a Power of Attorney form authorizing the Filing of UI reports and Payment of Contributions on the clients’ behalf. A Supplemental Alaska Quarterly Form must then be completed for each client, each quarter, to report and remit wages. This will append the clients reports with the additional wages as required under Alaskan Law.
Instructions for all other companies:
Companies who pay wages to employees in Alaska must register with the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development for an Employer Account Number.
AK Employer Account Number
- Format: 12345678 (8 digits)
- Register online at the AK Dept of Labor and Workforce Developments' My Alaska portal to receive an EAN within 10 days.
Find a current EAN:
- on Form T101C
- by calling the AK Dept of Labor and Workforce Development at (907) 465-2700.
- No local taxing jurisdictions