Processing a Regular Payroll with Time Entry Grid
Processing payroll without Timecard Import
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The purpose of this article is to walk through the steps of processing a payroll with manual time entry.
1. Log in to isolved.
2. Go to Payroll Processing > Payroll Entry > Time Entry Grid
3. Select the correct Pay group at the top of the page.
4. If an employee is Salaried, isolved will automatically pay them unless you block the payment by checking the Block box.
5. If the employee is hourly, you will enter their hours in the hours column and it will calculate based on the rate shown in the Salary/Rate column.
**If you need to pay out the same earning but with different hourly rates, you may click on the earning and then enter CTRL + ENTER to add a second row in the grid. This may be accomplished in the Time Entry Grid or Individual Time Entry. On the Time Entry Grid, you may also click the down arrow under the earning hours to insert an override hourly rate.
6. Add any additional entries in the columns.
7. If there is an earning or deduction you are not seeing in the Time Entry Grid, you may need to switch the payroll Template. Be sure to click Apply in order to change the template. Alternatively, you may go to Individual Time Entry to adjust pay for one specific employee. More information on Time Entry Grids can be found here: https://employdrive.helpjuice.com/en_US/payroll/time-entry-templates
8. To preview your payroll, go to Payroll Processing > Preview Payroll, then click the Preview Payroll button.
9. When the preview is complete, select the following reports from the drop down to review:
a. Payroll Summary – This gives you the amount that will be impounded and the date of the impound to fund your payroll as well as a summary of head counts, check counts, taxes, earnings, and deductions.
b. Payroll Register – This gives you a snap shot of each EE check with DD, Earnings, Deductions, and Taxes, etc.
c. Exceptions – This is a critical report to review before you process. It will list any exceptions for taxes, earnings, deductions, duplicate direct deposits. If you are unsure how to correct any exceptions, you may send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
- If you see any exceptions indicating negative wages or taxes, please contact Employdrive prior to processing payroll.
- If there are exceptions for jurisdictions that are not set up, please contact Employdrive to set up the tax jurisdictions. These should be corrected prior to processing but will not prevent you from processing.
- Duplicate Direct Deposit Exceptions occur if you have assigned the same information to more than one employee either in error or if they are spouses, family, or significant others.
- Tax ID exceptions will be corrected by Employdrive's tax team prior to the end of the quarter.
d. Employee Zero Earnings – This gives you a list of EEs who are active but not paid, either because they are a new hire or because they have not worked. It is a good resource to determine which EEs should be termed in isolved.
10. Once you have reviewed the reports and are confident your payroll is accurate, you can Process. If you made any changes after clicking on Preview Payroll you must Preview again. Then go to the Process Payroll > Process Payroll. The system will ask "Are you sure you want to process this payroll?" Click Process Payroll.
11. All Scheduled Reports will generate after you click the Process Payroll button and will be available under Reporting > Reporting Archive.