Processing a Special Payroll Run with a Timecard Import
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
*Before processing, please be sure the Special Run has been set up by support
1. Prepare your file for upload, it can be either xls or csv. You will be uploading this as an Additional Check so make sure your file has the column header CheckType (for any other formatting issues, please consult the Create Employee Time Import Spreadsheet article)
2. Log in to iSolved
3. Go to Payroll Processing >> Payroll Entry >> Timecard Import.
4. Select the Import Type, Additional Check.
a. Template will be default.
b. File Format should match the format you saved your file as (either xls for excel or csv for comma delimited file).
c. Attach the file
d. Select the Default Company if not pre-filled.
e. Select the Default Pay Group.
f. Select the Import Key (this is usually Employee Number)
g. Click Next.
5. You will get a preview screen. If there are errors, you will need to look at the Validation Details to determine what they are and correct your file (Repeat steps 3-4). If there are no errors you can hit Next.
**Your file is not in iSolved until you hit next and get the confirmation screen
6. You can upload as many files as you need to upload, just keep in mind that uploads will overwrite any manual entries you have made. Also, multiple uploads of the same file will cause the amounts to add on to each other.
***if there is a mistake with the data import, please reference the Data Import Undo article
7. To preview your payroll, go to Payroll Processing >> Preview Payroll, click the Preview Payroll button.
8. When the preview is complete select the following reports from the drop down to review:
a. Payroll Summary – This gives you the amount that will be Impounded and the date of the impound to fund your payroll as well as a summary of head counts, check counts, taxes, earnings, and deductions.
b. Payroll Register – This gives you a snap shot of each EE check with DD, Earnings, Deductions, and Taxes, etc.
c. Exceptions – This is crucial to review before you process. It has exceptions, for taxes, earnings, deductions, duplicate direct deposits.
d. Employee Zero Earnings – This gives you a list of EEs who are active but not paid, either because they are a new hire or because they have not worked. It is a good resource to determine which EEs should be termed in Isolved.
9. Once you have reviewed the reports and are confident your payroll looks good you can Process. If you made any changes after clicking on Preview Payroll you should Preview again. Then go to the Process Payroll >> Process Payroll. It will ask "Are you sure you want to process this payroll?" Click Process Payroll.
10. Reports will generate after you click the Process Payroll button and will be available under Reporting >> Reporting Archive.