The purpose of this article is to walk through the options of accepting or declining electronic delivery of year-end tax forms as well as how to access year- end tax forms within isolved.
If Accept is chosen:
- Once Year-End tax forms are produced, an email alert will be sent to the employee stating that tax documents have been made available.
- Year-End tax forms will be stored within Employee Self-Service > W2/ACA/1099 Forms and may be printed or downloaded.
If Decline is chosen:
- A confirmation will appear asking to confirm that consent is not given.
- Once confirmed that you are declining, and tax forms are approved, a paper copy of all applicable year-end tax forms will be printed and sent to the address within isolved.
- Year-End tax forms will still be available through Employee Self-Service, but you will also receive a paper copy.
- If the user declines initially and decides at a future date to accept electronic delivery of tax forms, the employee may consent to the agreement by clicking white down arrow next to the employee's name, then click Electronic Delivery-Tax Forms.
Termination or resignation from one’s employment before the final payroll of the year will withdraw electronic delivery consent and paper copies of tax forms will be produced.
Consenting to the agreement of electronic delivery of year-end forms after one’s termination date will not produce a paper copy and an email will be sent alerting you that year-end forms are available.
If the employee wishes to withdraw electronic consent after accepting, the employee must submit a written request to the employer. The employer will need to manually set the Year-End Consent Withdrawn date in isolved under Employee Management > General > YE Withdrawn field.
Accessing Year End Documents
Login to isolved and navigate to Employee Self-Service > W2/ACA/1099 Forms. Then, click on the View Document link to open the file. From here you may print and download the document.
1. Electronic Delivery of Tax Forms
By selecting the "I Accept" button, you are signifying your intent to sign this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement and any associated documents. By selecting "I Accept" you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature (hereafter referred to as "E-Signature"), acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and EMPLOYER NAME (hereafter referred to as “Company”.)
Under this Consent, Company will provide all year end tax forms including but not limited to W-2s, 1095s, and 1099s to you in an electronic format. If you do not grant consent you will receive all applicable year end tax forms in paper format. Acceptance of electronic delivery is applicable for year end tax forms issued after the date of acceptance and every year thereafter unless consent is subsequently withdrawn.
2. System Requirements
To access and retain the electronic delivery of tax forms, you will need the following:
- A computer or mobile device with Internet or mobile connectivity.
- For website-based Communications, a current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption. Minimum recommended browser standards are Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 and above (see www.microsoft.com/ie for current version), Mozilla Firefox current version (see www.mozilla.com for current version), Apple Safari current version (see www.apple.com/safari for current version), or Chrome current version (see www.google.com/chrome for current version). The browser must have cookies enabled.
- For application-based Communications, a mobile phone operating system that supports text messaging, downloads, and applications from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Access to the email address used to create an account for Company access.
- Sufficient storage space to save Communications and/or a printer to print them.
- If you use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in your email address book, you must add EmployDrive@myisolved.com to your email address book.
3. Paper Delivery of Year End Tax Forms
You have the right to receive year end tax forms in paper format. To request a paper copy of any year end tax form, please write to EMPLOYER NAME AND ADDRESS (hereafter referred to as “Company Address”) and specify which form you would like to receive a paper copy. Request for a paper copy does not withdraw your consent for any future delivery of year end tax forms.
4. Withdrawal of Consent to Electronic Delivery
You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic delivery of year end tax forms at any time, by submitting a request in writing to the Company Address. Any withdrawal of your consent will be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing your request and confirmed by Company in writing or via email. Withdrawal does not apply to previously issued year end tax forms.
5. Updating Your Email Address
You can change your email address which is used by Company to communicate electronically by submitting the updated information in writing to the Company Address. You may also change your email address yourself through the Self-Service, if available.
6. Conditions Affecting Electronic Delivery